Children’s Learning Institute Early Education Center at F.W. Gross
We want to positively impact the early learning experiences and environments of all children and ensure they are prepared with the social-emotional and academic skills needed to be successful in school.
As a comprehensive health science university, the mission of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is to educate health science professionals, discover and translate advances in the biomedical and social sciences, and model the best practices in clinical care and public health. The goal of establishing this charter campus is to aid in the further education development of teachers for Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade students in a variety of ways.
The charter school offers an opportunity to put what CLI has learned through our research and practice into full implementation by influencing all aspects of the learning environment and support for the community to positively impact children’s learning and school readiness.
CLI will offer the opportunity to educate early childhood teachers and model best practices within the district and across the state through our extensive network through our online platform CLI Engage (currently serving over 1,000 of the state’s school districts).
Leveraging decade's worth of CLI developed, evidence-based programs and practices, the campus will provide a high-quality early education experience for students and families in grades PK-3, PK-4, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade. These programs will provide:
- Comprehensive Instruction
- Evidence-Based Professional Development
- Positive School Climate
Want to learn more? Read our press release.
Stay updated by following us on Facebook.
Ready to join our team in 2021? We will be accepting applications soon! Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Child Enrollment (Fall 2021)
Parents, you want the best education for your little one, that’s why we have worked tirelessly at CLI EEC at FW Gross to make sure your child receives the best education they can. When your child attends our charter school they will receive:
- Instruction aligned to Texas Education Agency's guidelines
- Highly qualified teachers and assistants in each classroom
- Full day instruction with targeted instructional support
- Family engagement opportunities
- Whole group, small group, and one-on-one instruction
- Technology embedded instruction
- Smooth transitions between each grade
- A high-quality education based on proven CLI methods
- Support for students that need individualized education programs
- A positive school climate and so much more!
Like we stated above, we want to positively impact the early learning experiences and environments of children who need it the most. We will work constantly to ensure all children are prepared with the social-emotional and academic skills needed to be successful in their long-term school careers.
Enrollment opens May 3rd, so be sure to register NOW before it is too late. Click either link below and you can register your future student.
The Children’s Learning Institute Early Education Center at FW Gross is a part of the Texas Partnerships program. The Texas Legislature signed Senate Bill 1882 into effect in 2017 which incentivizes districts to work collaboratively with new and existing partners to promote innovation and dramatically improve student outcomes. These Texas Partnerships offer districts the opportunity to expand the diversity of school options, bring in targeted expertise for innovation and turnaround support, and empower school leaders and partners with greater autonomy. Most importantly, effective partnerships give more students access to great schools.
More information coming soon!
- February 2021: Virtual choice meetings about pathways and opportunities for teachers
- March 2021: Post all innovation vacancy positions
- March-April 2021: Staff selection process
- May 15, 2021: Last day to be approved an internal lateral move between campuses.
- August 2021: Campus opens